Saturday, November 19, 2011

A Magic Carpet Ride


Eghaddd!
I think I have a serious psychological disease in which my wayward soul wants to travel and move WHILE I am already traveling. I’m not sure why this sickness always twists my mind into a slush of longing but I am currently contaminated with *drum roll, please*…
THE TRAVELING ITCH.

I have less than one month left in Uganda, about three weeks left to be exact. A teensy voice in my brain (I am convinced this is God) is telling me, in a vibrato that sounds something like Sean Connery, “Gooooo tooo Egyyyyypt! GoooOoOoOOo!”

After making about three efficient pro’s and con’s lists I have managed to turn my room into a winter wonderland of white and pink paper snowballs complete with scorched sticks (used for chicken roasting, of course) to enhance the snowman that I could potentially build. Although I could construct a masterpiece worthy of praise from Picasso himself I am not any closer to making a decision about traveling. Curses.

In case you didn’t know, Egypt is in my top three places to visit! India, being the first, and then Greece following in a tie with you know where. Which make this mysterious country even more of a reason why I should gallivant across the Valley of Kings, paint the desert red, and search for a magic lamp or at least some beautiful scarves!

In all seriousness, I have been stuck in a routine at ARLPI and in Gulu and have become quite restless just because habitual routines REALLY stress me out. I have grown and gained so much here in Uganda and I am so thankful for all of those who have helped me financially and who have blessed me with their prayers along the way. I have also seen many things that I will never ever be able to forget, even if I wanted to.

I’m hoping and praying that an answer of some sort will present itself to me by the end of the week so I’ll be able to rest well without worry--or concern that another Acholi child will try to break into my room!

Until that answer comes (I suppose I’ll be hanging out with Frosty)…

No comments:

Post a Comment