Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Germany, you've captured my heart.


Although this week has been a whirlwind, this month has seemed very close to perfect. More than likely because I spent 3 weeks of it with a certain German boy, but that's debatable. ;)

Here's a few snapshots of my recent adventures in super Deutschland.
Also, I have come to the permanent conclusion that Bavaria is indeed 100% more beautiful than the rest of Germany. Plus, they have dirndls and apfel studel galore.
I'm sold!

*Although Berlin does have enchanting French bulldogs and Pug puppies that roam the streets like angels. Hmmmm...*


Sailing on the gorgeous Forgensee with Sebastian, his father, and youngest brother! Our sailboat was called "The Seahorse."
I am a VERY terrible sailor and would make a better mermaid, perhaps. This was such a fun day! A gorgeous view, packed lunches, learning how to control the dastardly sail, getting a little sunburned, laughing when the cold water splashed everyone. Perfection! :)

Do you see the little castle at the foot of the mountain? That's Schloss Neuschwanstein! The "Disney" Castle, and the very same I visited only a few months earlier. It's even more lovely on a nice summer day!

Speaking of schloss type things--Berlin has it's very own castle in Charlottenberg! The gardens here were really beautiful, and we arrived just at sunset. Just in time to see this adorable little pug playing with his family in the distance. *sigh*

I really loved the fuzzy little flowers! They reminded me of something my mom would really like. :) I'm not sure what they are but the red and yellow peepers are beauties too.

Taking a sightseeing break with my German boy by the schloss, and the really disgusting pond. It became so chilly that evening! I'm so excited that Autumn is just around the corner. 

The amazing Reichstag! Hopefully next time Seb comes to visit we will be able to hear an actual debate from the Bundestag. Must work on my German...

We finally found the Berlin wall! The Topographies Des Terrors was unfortunately not as interesting, but I really enjoyed the walk around the city and this site nonetheless. Ignore the fact that I look parched! We forgot our waterbottle during the sightseeing spree!

The Holocaust Memorial. It's located right beside of the American Embassy. It was really eerie during that time of day!

Playing hide and go seek with my Germany boy. I'm not sure who won!

Checkpoint Charlie. It's a good thing these men aren't really American soldiers! They were the laziest flag holders I've ever seen!

At the historic Brandenberg Gate! I had to creep around until I asked someone to take our photo. I think we had a marvelous dinner after this!

Stay tuned--more Berlin adventures to come!


No comments:

Post a Comment