Monday, October 1, 2012

Things That Go Bump In The Night

Red and gold leaves swiftly falling. 
Chai tea lattes (lots of them, because I often lack self control).
Beautiful silk scarves.
Sticky popcorn balls and delicious caramel apples.
"It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown!"
Jolly Jack-O-Lanterns (and the more devilish ones too). 
Reading one too many mystery novels on a blustery evening. 
Mom's pumpkin pie, with extra whipped cream. 
S'mores and bonfires while sharing spooky ghost stories.
Apple pie moonshine.
The search for the perfect thigh-high boots. *I don't want to be mistaken for a lady of the night!*
Apple butter on fresh biscuits.
Party planning. 
Cozy socks and an oversized flannel shirt (or a certain German boy's favorite jumper). 
Cinnamon candles flickering. 
Tennessee ORANGE.
Hocus Pocus. 
Mountain wandering--and getting unintentionally lost for hours. 
Purposefully getting lost in a corn maze.
Ghoulies, ghosties, and long leggedy beasties. 
Warm, sweet kisses on a crisp Autumn night. 
Pranks, jokes, and lots of fright...

Just 30 long days until...
HALLOWEEN! 
My most FAVORITE holiday of the entire year!
Which just happens to be during my favorite season of the year.

I've been trying to decide on the perfect Halloween costume for this October, especially since my "Aphrodite" costume last year was sewed onto me at the very last second. 
Any ideas or suggestions would be appreciated. :)

Here are some of the glorious costumes that I've been in lust with. 

Heidi Klum as the Hindu goddess, Kali. Isn't she amazing!? I really love all the tiny details, regardless of the uproar that it caused.


Not your typical mermaid! This fierce, little siren put so much effort into her costume! I really like the green body paint and finger tentacles. :) Not to mention the skeletal headdress. 
I most certainly have an unrequited love for all things beaded and fishnet. Cabaret, you say? Yes, please! 

Oh, childhood. Dressing up as a troll would be quite interesting! I prefer the one with the emerald green locks...

Eve--wouldn't this be fun!? Only not so generic, and with a stealthier looking snake. 

One of my favorite Disney villains. Cruella DeVil, dahhhling! Fashion meets insanity, and a "love" for puppies.
Too many costume ideas, too little time.
Happy October everyone! 

P.S. Not to worry, Oktoberfest photos are coming soon! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment