Thursday, December 6, 2012

The Ultimate Christmas Wish: "Imagine No Malaria"

Dearest Family and Friends,

I know Christmas is quickly approaching, and many of you have asked about sending a small package or gift to me in Germany. However, I would prefer it if you send $5, $10, whatever you would spend on a present for me-- instead to my church! Oakland United Methodist Church in Greenback, Tennessee is participating in the Holston United Methodist Conference's "Imagine No Malaria". I would be forever grateful if you could help my congregation reach their goal. 

Please click here to view the Imagine No Malaria website. 


It would mean so much to me if you sent your monetary gift to children and families who cannot afford medical treatment. I experienced the pain and suffering of malaria on a first hand basis when I was living in Uganda. Many adults will go through violent periods of malaria-induced trauma throughout their lives. I've seen tiny, little babies in such suffering just because their parents cannot afford several small pills or mosquito nets! Please help those who are much needier than I am.

Please send checks to:
Oakland United Methodist Church
234 Trigonia Road
Greenback, Tennessee 37742

Pay to: Oakland UMC
Memo: Whitney Buchanan "Imagine No Malaria"

Thank you, and God bless you and your family during this holiday season.

In love and peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment